poniedziałek, 5 marca 2012

Butter buns –addition to an afternoon tea


On Sunday my two best friends were supposed to visit me. Instead of classic cake I decided to bake something in an English afternoon tea style. I decided to serve butter buns with a nice butter flavour, raspberry preserve and plum and cinnamon marmalade.

Ingredients
2 ½ cups wheat flour
6 tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup warm milk
2 teaspoons dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar ( I used 4 tbsp)
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg + to brush the buns


Method
In a bowl mix sieved flour, salt and sugar. In another small bowl melt yeast in milk. Add yeast mixture to the flour. Add egg and slightly cooled butter, all ingredients well combine ( I used a food processor). If it gets too thick add some milk. Well knead place in a bowl and leave to double its size (about 75 min.). Divide into 9 pieces and each form in a bun shape. Place the buns on a greased baking tray. Leave covered for about 45 min. Brush with whisked egg before baking. Bake at 360 F/ 180 oC for about 18 min.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz