czwartek, 29 marca 2012

Savoury blue cheese biscuits



I have a great weakness to Nigella L.’s recipes. As soon as I open her book I’m stroke with warmness and homely atmosphere you can see on each single page. When I was greedily looking through the newest edition of her book (polish translation was edited this year but original one is dated back in 2000) I couldn’t make up my mind and decide which recipe I should start with – everything looks tempting! Finally I have chosen blue cheese biscuits, which I seasoned my way. Can the snack consisting mainly of cheese and butter be bad?

Ingredients (makes around 40)
6 oz (175 g) blue cheese
3,5 oz (100 g) soft butter
1 egg yolk + 1 egg for glaze
4,5 oz (125 g) wheat flour
1,7 oz (50 g) corn flour
¼ teaspoon salt
freshly grinded pepper
freshly grinded nutmeg


Method
Combine cheese, butter and egg yolk and knead wheat and corn flour, salt and spices (you can also use a food processor). When the dough comes together, wrap it with clingfilm and let it rest in the fridge for 30 min. Roll out the dough to roughly 0,25 inch/ 0,5 cm in thickness, and cut out any shapes you want. Put them on to a lined baking sheet and glaze them with the whisked egg, also you may sprinkle them with pepper or cumin. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz