czwartek, 29 marca 2012

Gingerbread exceptional liqueur

Gingerbread exceptional liqueur


I couldn’t wait a single day longer with the publication of this post because the liqueur which I would like to propose to you can be made in exactly 10 days, meaning: if you start today it will be ready exactly for Christmas!
I had to admit that I was surprised by its “production process” but I have decided to give it a chance! And yes: I was brave enough to mix vodka and milk !!
Fortunately, the effect is more than satisfactory. The mixture created delicious, aromatic liquid with a clear yellow colour and creamy taste.
The most important part is that its taste mostly depends on your whim!! I decided to vary it with oranges, but it should also be tasty with limes, lemons, ginger, raspberries or even spices.

Ingredients
2 cups vodka
2 cups milk (full fat)
2 cups sugar (or less if you prefer your liqueurs to be a little less sweet)
Additions for this amount of liquid, i.e. 1 orange, 2 lemons
I have added 1 orange cut into quarters, half a dried apple, piece of cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and juice form 1 lemon.


Method
Mix all ingredients, and leave the mixture in a closed jar for 10 days, keep it away from daylight. Every day shake the jar, the mixture may stratify – don’t worry it is absolutely normal. After 10 days, filter (several times) the mixture through a coffee filter (I tried filter it through gauze but believe me coffee filters are way better !!) until it become crystal clear. Now you can drink it!!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz