wtorek, 6 marca 2012

Plum dessert

As I got so many plums, bought in the market I started looking for a dessert’s recipe. I wanted to make something simple, without too many ingredients and the best if I could make it without a food processor…. I looked trough many cookbooks and found it! It’s simply called ‘Plum dessert’ and it can be made in 10 min.

The recipe is from “Baking” by Emma Patmore.

Ingredients ( I made 3 portions and used ¼ ingredients)
35 oz (1000 g) plums
100 g sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 oz (25 g) corn starch
10 oz (225 g) wheat flour
2,5 oz (75 g) sugar
pinch salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
5 fl oz (150 ml) buttermilk
2 oz (75 g) melted and cooled butter


Method
Grease 2 l baking dish. Stoned and cut in half plums mix with sugar, flour and lemon juice. Put the fruit into the baking dish. Whish egg, add salt, sugar, remaining flour, buttermilk and butter. Stir with a spoon until smooth. Spoon the mixture on top of the plums. Bake at 380 F/ 190 oC until golden.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz