wtorek, 6 marca 2012

Raspberry cake. Déjà vu?

I must tell you it’s been a while since I baked the same cake twice in a row… but as I found a really good recipe and had fresh raspberries…..

Below slightly modified recipe for a plum cake. The base is the same but instead plums this time I used raspberries. Officially this experiment was a success!


Ingredients
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
lemon zest of 1 lemon
sugar or vanilla essence
½ cup oil
pinch salt
2 eggs
1 ½ cups fruit – raspberries
2 tbsp Demerara sugar and 2 tbsp almond flakes to sprinkle
(I also added few blueberries to add some colour contrast)


Method
It can’t be easier: mix dry ingredients and combine them with the wet ingredients (mixed eggs and oil).The batter is thick. Spoon part of the batter into a greased loaf pan, put 1/3 fruit on top, and again the batter. Decorate the top with fruit, sprinkle with sugar and almonds. Bake about 50 min. at 360F/ 180 oC.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz