wtorek, 6 marca 2012

Serbian style roasted chicken



This dish I had eaten not that long ago for the first time in my life. From than on it will be in my menu as I just love it! The recipe gave me my aunt and she got it from Serbian woman. I don’t know if this is a typical Yugoslavian cuisine, but I know one thing: it’s delicious! Quick and easy to make. As the meat is beaked at the same time with rice the chicken is moist and aromatic – simply delicious!

Ingredients
3 chicken tights or 6 chicken drumsticks
1 pepper
1 tomato
chilli
1 cup rice
handful black olives
about 18 fl oz (½ l) bullion
few slings thymes and oregano
olive, lemon juice, salt, herbs – to make the meat marinate


Method
Make the marinate: mix olive, lemon juice, garlic (or other favourite spices), coat the chicken with the marinate, leave in a bowl in a fridge (for a night). Preheat the oven to 360 F/ 180 oC. Rinsed rice put inside the baking dish, add chopped pepper and tomato, mix all ingredients. Season with chilli, oregano leaves and small pinch of salt. Put the chicken on top of the rice mixture, cover them with thyme. Pour the bullion over the meat (it should cover the rice with vegetables, not meat). Decorate with olives. During baking time add some bullion, if the rice seems to be dry add more fluids. Bake about 1 hour (the time depends on the chicken size) until golden brown.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz