wtorek, 6 marca 2012

Milky sourdough bread

It’s my first bread made without any pan or other dish! I could hardly believe it would work out, since the last time I had a sourdough bread bad luck and instead of nice bread I got flat- something reminding a bread! I do hope this bad luck is over now and from today on I’ll only bake bread with crispy crust and soft inside.

The recipe is from Tatter website.

Ingredients
1 cup sourdough starter (I used whole wheat one)
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
3 ¼ cups wheat flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast ( you can skip it)
Sour cream and whisked egg to brush the top with.


Method
Sourdough starter mix with water and milk. Add salt and sugar to the flour. Pour the sourdough starter mixture into the flour. Combine all ingredients, add butter. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Leave to rise in a warm spot for about 2 hours. After 1 hour stretch and fold the dough.
Shape 1 big oval loaf, place it seam-side-up in a floured kitchen towel. Leave for about 1 hour to rise. Slash with one or two slashes along the long axis loaf, brush with whisked egg and place on a warmed up baking tray. Bake for 10 min at 480F/ 240 oC, decrease the temperature to 380F/ 190 oC and bake the loaf for another 25 min.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz