czwartek, 29 marca 2012

Sweet and sour pork



I had a few pork chops in my fridge. As I didn’t want to make traditional pork chops I decided to fry them and simmer in a sweet and sour sauce. It’s an excellent dish for me!


Ingredients
5 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground pimento
¼ tbsp black pepper
¼ teaspoon chilli
¼ teaspoon dry thymes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup dry wine
salt
1 tbsp oil
optional: 1 tbsp wine vinegar (to taste), ¾ teaspoon potato starch


Method
Mix sugar with pimento, chilli and thymes. Season chops with salt and with the sugar mixture. Heat up the oil in a pan, fry chops each side until brown. Put the meat on a plate and leave aside. Add wine and vinegar to the meat juice left in a pan. Bring to boil and cook for a few minutes until the sauce gets thick, you can also add some flour to make it thicker. Season to taste. Simmer in a covered pot on a low heat for 3 min.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz