czwartek, 29 marca 2012

Poppy seeds and citrus yogurt muffins



Continuing, today I suggest you another recipe from classic “How to be a domestic goddess” – lemon yogurt muffins - in my version with the scent of oranges and tempting poppy seeds.
I covered them with citrus glaze and that’s how I got delicious and effortless after dinner desert.

Ingredients

4 fl oz (125 ml) natural yogurt (I used thick, Balkan type one)
2,5 oz (75 g) melted butter
2 eggs
lemon zest of 1 lemon
orange zest of 1 orange
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
4,5 oz (125 g) sugar
5,3 oz (150 g_ wheat flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds
½ cup powdered sugar
lemon juice of ½ lemon


Method
In a mixing bowl combine yogurt, eggs, lemon and orange zest with orange water. Stir in dry ingredients until well combined. Divide the batter among the buttered muffin cups (I used the porcelain ones), bake in preheated oven to 340F/ 170 oC for about 25 min. Still warm muffins remove from the baking cups/tin and cover them with lemon glaze (whisk together powder sugar and lemon juice), sprinkle with poppy seeds.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz