wtorek, 6 marca 2012

Pissaladière, caramelized onion tart

It’s been 3 weeks since I have this horrible cold! In a prevention action with a leading role of vitamin C grapefruit and onions are my best friends! Although it hasn’t been easy with an onion! Desperate I decided to eat healthy sandwiches with raw onion: I had a stomach-ache until the next day afternoon and the onion- breathe was my companion even longer! I though I will have enough of onion until next flu-season but I simply couldn’t resist the caramelized onion on a yeast dough base!

'White plate' blog recipe was my inspiration this time.

I used red onion, so the filling looks like I’ve added a methylated spirit – don’t worry it’s just an impression! Sweet onion taste goes well with salty fish fillets and black olives, together it’s a delicious composition!

Ingredients
dough
10,5 oz (300 g) wheat flour
3,5 oz (100 g) whole wheat flour
9 fl oz (250 ml) room temperature water
3 tbsp oil
0,4 oz (10 g) sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry yeast
filling
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
35 oz (1000g) onion (I also added leeks)
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon dry thymes
salt and pepper to taste
12 anchovies filets ( 1 small can or jar) mine where in a onion and parsley marinade
½ jar black stoned olives


Method
Mix dough ingredients, knead until elastic, place in a warm spot to rise – for about 1 hour.

Peel and thinly slice onion (onion cut in half , then slice logway).

Heat up oil and butter in a pan. Add onion, thymes and chopped garlic, simmer on a low heat, stir from time to time. Onion should be soft, slightly caramelized (not crispy!).

Season with salt and pepper, but be careful with salt - remember that anchovies and olives are already salted.

Doubled in size dough roll out and place into a lined tart pan. Spoon the cooled onion mixture, anchovies and olives into the pan. Place the tart in a warm spot for 30 min. to rise. Bake at 440F/ 220 oC for 20-25 min.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz