poniedziałek, 5 marca 2012

Baked duck with a hint of oranges

There are some dishes I’m/ I was a little bit scared of – not sure if I can make them. That’s how it was with the duck. I was scared I’ll make the dusk too dry and it will be horrible. I started reading (also Julia Child) and started to cook. I took what, in my opinion, was the best from each recipe and I made the duck (in just 20 minutes). THE BEST DUCK I have ever eaten in my life – so delicate it melted In the mouth! Give you my word!

Ingredients
2 duck breasts ( boneless, about 11 oz/300 g each)
1 garlic clove
4 gloves
4 seeds pimento
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon honey
pinch dry chilli
pinch ground ginger
orange zest from ½ orange
orange juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper


Method
Make marinate: slightly crush garlic, whisk with oil, vinegar, coriander, gloves, pimento, honey, orange zest, chilli and ginger. Season breast with salt and pepper, marinade for about 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 400F/ 200 oC. Dry the breasts in paper towel.

When the pan is hot place the breasts in skin side down and fry 3 minutes each side until the skin begins to brown. Put the breasts in a baking dish and bake for about 10 minutes, for the last couple of minutes you can turn the roasting function in your oven.

In a meantime, in the same pan you fried the duck, pour in the orange sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey and spices. Cook until gets thick.
Slice the duck breasts, add the juice from the baking dish to the orange sauce.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz