poniedziałek, 5 marca 2012

Orange pound cake

Sometimes, when I do really like one of the cakes I made, I bake it once again but in a slightly changed version. This time I used the vanilla cupcakes recipe. I added orange zest and baked it in a loaf pan. This way we enjoyed delicious, moist orange pound cake.

Ingredients
1 ½ cups wheat flour
2 oz (50 g) soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 tbsp oil
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
orange zest of 1 orange
pinch salt


Method
Beat butter with oil until fluffy and white. Add sugar and mix. Add one egg at the time. In a separate bowl mix flour with baking powder. Add flour mixture alternating with milk, add orange zest and vanilla essence, mix until well combined. Spoon the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for about 45 min. at 340 F/ 170 oC. Cool down before serving

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz