poniedziałek, 5 marca 2012

The most strange ( delicious!) chocolate cake

This is one of the most strange cakes I have ever made. When I was in a kitchen and read the recipe one more time, I couldn’t believe my eyes and had to check it in a computer….and yes, in this cake there are no eggs but vinegar!

I have no idea how is it possible but the cake is delicious, moist and filled with air bubbles, it isn’t a brownie.

The taste is deep, heavy consistency but delicious J

Originally served with chocolate cream. Instead of a cream I used nectarines, but already I have another one with plums and sour cherries in my mind….

Ingredients
3 cups wheat flour
2 cups sugar
½ cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups hot water
¾ cup oil
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp vanilla essence
on the top: 3 nectarines 2 tbsp Demerara sugar


Method
In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. In another mix water, coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla essence. Combine both mixtures. Spoon the batter into a lined cake pan, put the fruit in top, sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 40 min (until the poked tooth stick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean) at 360 F/ 180 oC.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz