sobota, 21 stycznia 2012

Savoury blue cheese biscuits

I have a great weakness for Nigella Lawson’s recipes. As soon as I open her book I’m stroke with warmness and homely atmosphere you can see on each single page. When I was greedily looking through the newest edition of her book I couldn’t make up my mind and decide which recipe I should start with – everything looks tempting! Finally I choose blue cheese biscuits, which I seasoned my way. Can the snack that consist almost only cheese and butter be any bad?


Ingredients (makes around 40 biscuits)
175 g (6 oz) blue cheese
100 g (3.5 oz) soft butter
1 egg yolk + 1 egg for glaze
125 g (4.5 oz) wheat flour
50 g (1.7 oz) corn flour
¼ teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
freshly ground nutmeg


Method
Combine cheese, butter and egg yolk, knead in wheat and corn flour, salt and spices (you can also use a food processor with a special hook). When the dough comes together wrap it with cling film, and let it rest in the fridge for 30 min. Roll out the dough and cut out any biscuits shapes you want. Put them on a lined baking tray and glaze them with the whisked egg, also you may sprinkle them with pepper or cumin. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown in 180 oC (360 F).


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz