niedziela, 22 stycznia 2012

Honey cake with pears

Once in my life I made layer cake: although I’m not sure if you can call Schwarzwald cake (black forest cake) a layer cake as there is a whipped cream in it not a cake cream.

I mean, I had a great desire to make a typical layer cake with butter-pudding cake cream. And I still have that desire as finally I made pear cake! I don’t regret it as the cake turned out to be delicious and caramelized pears I’ve almost eaten straight from the pan – such a delicious flavour!

As I know the life, this cake will show up next few times on my table, and the layer cake has to wait for its turn.

The recipe is from Martha Stewart.


Ingredients
batter:
1 ¾ cups wheat flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup and 2 tbsp honey
½ cup milk
½ cup rapeseed 0il

½ teaspoon lemon zest
whipped cream to serve
caramelized pears:
about 900 g (32 oz) pears
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup honey


Method
In a bowl mix all ingredients: wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl mix honey and oil with milk and lemon zest. Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy. Pour in honey mixture and gradually dry ingredients mixture, mix until well combined. Spoon the batter to the prepared cake pan (about 25 cm/10 in). Bake at 160 oC (320 F) for about 50 min.
Heat the butter with sugar in a pan. Add sliced pears, stir occasionally and fry for about 15 min. Pour in honey, cook for another 4 min. Warm fruit with the sauce place on top of the cool cake. You can sprinkle it with roasted almond flakes ( I added chopped candied ginger). You can serve it with slightly sweet whipped cream.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz