sobota, 21 stycznia 2012

French beans with tomatoes and oregano

Lately, I find it difficult to mobilize myself to cook more complicated dishes. I choose the easiest: turkey escallops, pasta or simply a big pot of cauliflower soup. So today: simply French beans! Seriously you don’t have to do much with it – it tastes great cold or warm, a nice addition to the meat.

Ingredients
500g (18 oz) green French beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 onion
sing of fresh oregano
2 tbsp oil
salt, pepper
1 tbsp molasses ( or a little bit of dark sugar to taste)


Method
In a big pot stir fry chopped onion and oregano. Add beans (washed) and tomatoes ( you may add some water). Boil in law heat for about 30 min. stirring from time to time. Before serving add some fresh oregano leaves.
( In my version I served French beans with pork tenderloin. I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper and fried it on a slightly oily pan. I place the meat on a plate to give it a rest. In the same pot I pour a little bit of water with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, molasses and 1 tbsp cranberry marmalade. I kept the mixture on a medium heat, so the sauce reduced. I also added some salt and pepper to give it a final hint.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz