niedziela, 5 lutego 2012

Polish sourdough bread. Favourite

My adventure with baking bread is continual. I’m trying different recipes and each time I learn something new..

I really like today’s bread. I’ve been eating it for a week and all the time it was really tasty. To make it, you just need some time and good will! Something for me!


Ingredients
Sourdough starter:
2 tbsp wholemeal sourdough starter (about 40 g/ 1,5 oz)
90 g (3 oz) water
70 g (2,5 oz) wholemeal flour
Mix and covered put aside for about 12 hours.
Oatmeal water:
50 g (1,7 oz) oatmeal flakes
300 g (10,5) hot water
Mix water with oatmeal flakes, cover and put aside for 12 hours.
Bread dough:
Whole sourdough starter
Whole oatmeal water
550 g (19,5 oz) wheat bread flour
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon malt (I added molasses)


Method
Mix sourdough starter with oatmeal water, add the rest of the ingredients and knead until smooth and elastic.

Leave to rise ( in a bowl covered with a kitchen towel and cling film) for about 2-3 hours, during this time twice punch down the dough (the dough should double its size).

Form the dough in a bread shape and place it in a special basket or in a greased bread dish and leave to rise for about 2,5 hours. Bake for 10 min at 250 oC (500 F) and another 25-30 min at 220 oC (440 F) (longer if the bread is big, less if you make 2 small breads).

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz