piątek, 24 lutego 2012

(big) Breakfast apple bun

When I woke up in a December morning and all I can see outside are snow drifts and lovely temperature -13 oC, I’m dreaming about warm buns with a favour of butter and cinnamon. Cup of hot cocoa and suddenly I have so much energy I can even start Christmas cleaning!(I based on 'White Plate' recipe).

Ingredients
0,5 oz (10 g) fresh yeast
4,5 fl oz (130 ml) warm water
1 oz (30 g) sugar
1/3 tbsp salt
11 oz (330 g) flour
1 egg, whisked
1,2 oz (35 g) melted and cooled butter
2 tbsp raisins ( I used: Sultanas nad Currants)
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 apples


Method
In a bowl combine yeast with warm water. When yeast melts add flour, sugar and salt. Stirring add egg and butter. In another bowl put raisins in a hot water for 1 min, after 1 min strain. Put raisins into the flour mixture. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. When the dough starts getting off the bowl walls put it on a counter and knead for another 5-10 min. Put it back to the bowl for 2 hours. During this time you should twice punch the dough down.

Place the dough in a cake pan lined with baking pan. On top put peeled and sliced apples ( you can sprinkle cinnamon and 2 tbsp of brown sugar). Cover with cling film put aside for 30-40 min. to rise. Bake for about 40 min at 360 F (180 oC).

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz