sobota, 21 stycznia 2012

Home-made BBQ sauce – the best

I’m a big fan of all kinds of sauces and such additives to the meat. The better of course when they are homemade. I already tried to make the ketchup, now is time for a BBQ sauce. I must admit: BBQ sauce was more tasty for me. It combines flavours I do like very much. It is a sweet and spicy mixture that even today I had for a breakfast. Honestly!

Ingredients
1 tbsp oil
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon salt*
½ teaspoon dried chilli*
½ teaspoon ground coriander
big pinch dried rosemary
750 g (25 oz) tomato puree ( I used homemade tomato juice)
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup wine vinegar ( I used tarragon flavour one)
2 tbsp dark sugar*
1 tbsp mustard ( I added only ½ teaspoon)
* these ingredients you should measure according to your taste and preferences


Method
Onion and garlic mix in a food processor or chop very finely. Fry onion (just vitrify) heating it for a few minutes in a pan. Add the rest of the ingredients ( without mustard), cook for 30 min., stir from time to time. When the sauce is well combined and thick, cool it slightly – taste it and if needed add more spices. Pour it into the jar, you may pasteurized it – it will allow you to store a sauce on a cool place even for a few months.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz